Think of your favorite band or your favorite song. There are more reasons behind your favorite band and song than you know. What kind of music you listen to says a lot about you as a person and can also influence a lot of the things you do. Don”t believe it? Learn more about how music changes you below.
1. A song that gets stuck in your head is called an earworm.”
2. Your heartbeat changes to mimic the music you listen to.
3. You don”t like the original version of a song because it”s better. You like it because it”s the one you heard first.
4. Musical training can significantly improve motor and reasoning skills.
5. Singing or playing music can help depression.
6. The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
7. Loud music can make a person drink more in less time.
8. Angry music improves your performance when you try to achieve goals. It makes you focus on rewards, increases persistence, and makes you feel in control.
9. Flowers are known to grow faster when music plays near them.
10. Ambient noise can improve creativity.
11. Listening to music while working out measurably improves physical performance.
12. Music can significantly distract us while driving.
13. Your favorite song is probably your favorite because you associate it with an emotional event in your life.
14. The music you love when you are 20 years old will probably be the music you love for the rest of your life.
Music shows more about you and who you are as a person than you would ever believe. It can also alter moods and speak to you. So the next time you make a mixtape or share something on Spotify, know that you”re really sharing a part of yourself with someone else.