Evolution has a funny way of changing things. It can cause some strange adaptations in the biology of different organisms. In the insect world, certain creatures have adapted to their surroundings for necessity and survival. No, the insects below aren”t wearing Halloween costumes. This is science!
1. This praying mantis is cleverly disguised as part of this flower.
2. A butterfly cleverly disguised as an owl.
3. No, this spider is NOT part of the plant it is on.
4. This lady bug impostor is actually a spider.
5. A mantis trying its best to look like a wasp.
6. This moth could be mistaken for a spider any day.
7. Oh no, a bumblebee! Sike, it”s just a fly.
8. Get a load of this: a caterpillar that looks like a snake.
9. Nah, that”s not poop. It”s a spider.
10. This isn”t poop, either. It”s a moth.
11. Speaking of moths, doesn”t this one look like a wasp?
12. This butterfly looks like a dead leaf.
13. This fly looks like it has two spiders in its wings. Insane.
14. A spider tricking its prey that it”s an ant.
15. This mantis is almost too convincing as a leaf.
Those are some pretty convincing impostors. I”m impressed. Kudos, nature. You fooled us again.