Americans eat potatoes in pretty much every way, shape, and form. Fried, mashed, boiled, baked…but how do our international friends prefer to eat their potatoes? The answer may make your mouth water. Check out the dishes from around the world below, and reconsider your cooking method next time you head to the pantry.
1. France likes their potatoes fluffy and double-fried.
2. Switzerland shreds, frys, and shapes their potatoes.
3. Spain eats their potatoes fried with eggs.
4. Countries in Latin America prefer their french fries served with sausage.
5. Scotland beefs up their mashed potatoes with haggis and rutabaga.
6. Italy makes dumplings out of their potatoes.
7. India eats their potatoes with cauliflower.
8. South Korea prefers potato pancakes.
9. Eastern Europe feasts on a holiday classic.
10. Canda slathers gravy on their french fries.
(via First We Feast)
These international dishes serve up healthier potato options, and some not-so-health-conscious choices as well. However you eat them, potatoes are a staple of dishes around the world and are undeniably delicious. Share this with any cooking enthusiasts in your life and see what they think of each meal.