Can you believe that the first microwave was sold in 1946? That means that in less than 70 years, this appliance has risen to household fame. Imagine, for a moment, what your life would be like without one: no more quick cups of tea, or easily reheated leftovers, and don”t even think about microwave TV dinners.
But microwaves are capable of far more than those simple uses. You”ve been seriously undervaluing this key kitchen implement. Check out the microwave hacks below and see all the great ways to use it that you”ve been missing out on.
1. Make scrambled eggs – no pan required.
2. De-sog a sandwich.
3. Prep beans in under an hour.
4. Cook a fish (no, seriously).
5. Quit crying over chopped onions.
6. Remove stamps from envelopes in a pinch.
7. Prevent certain fruits and vegetables from blowing up.
8. Make your house smell better.
9. Bake brownies without the oven.
10. Cook corn in minutes.
11. Restore your hardened jar of honey.
12. Make gourmet-looking parmesan bowls.
13. Bring the crunch back to your chips.
14. Peel picky fruits faster.
15. Clean your microwave quickly.
16. Make your own hot compress.
17. Find out if a container is safe to microwave.
18. Make stale bread better.
19. Forget about fussing with garlic cloves.
20. Dry out your herbs.
21. Extract more lemon juice.
22. De-lump your sugar.
23. Give it a steam-clean.
24. “Bake” homemade potato chips.
25. Make a poached egg.
It”s pretty amazing what that little machine can do.
Now…can I interest anyone in some brownies or scrambled eggs? Just give me a few minutes to whip “em up in the microwave!