Summer may the ideal time for vacation season, but October is the month for a spooky new phenomenon called “dark tourism”. The goal of dark tourism is to pick a vacation destination that is creepy and not crawling with people in bikinis. Most of these places center around death, destruction and despair.
These “dark tourism” destinations seem interesting…but you still should avoid them. They”re too creepy.
1. Kigali Genocide Memorial Centre, Rwanda.
2. Auschwitz Concentration Camp, Poland.
3. Alcatraz, California.
4. Banff Springs Hotel, Canada.
5. Fukushima, Japan.
6. Babenhausen Barracks, Germany.
7. London Dungeon, England
8. Riddle House, Florida.
9. Choeung Ek, Cambodia.
10. Ground Zero, New York.
11. Pompeii, Italy.
12. Island of the Dolls, Mexico.
13. Costa Concordia Shipwreck, Italy
14. Oradour-sur-Glane, France.
15. Bran Castle, Romania
16. Stull Cemetery, Kansas.
17. Leap Castle.
18. Suicide Forest, Japan.
19. The Ridges, Ohio.
20. Somme Battlefields, France.
21. Pripyat, Ukraine.
22. Belchite, Spain.
23. La Noria Cemetery, Chile.
24. Sedlec Ossuary, Czech Republic.
25. Okpo Land, South Korea.
Actually, sitting on a beach and enjoying the sun may be a better vacation than visiting one of these places. Celebrating death and destruction just doesn”t sound like a good idea.