Watching TV and reading magazines will make you believe the most unrealistic things. For example, I grew up believing I would get rock hard abs, marry a supermodel, and live in a high rise somewhere in a big city. Sure, I”m doing ok physically, but I”m also still single and live in a 3-family building in the “burbs. I was lied to!
Actually, I had unrealistic expectations that only resulted in being let down time and time again. Now that I know the truth, I feel that it”s time to share it with the rest of the world. These 16 examples of how expectations exceed the harsh truth of reality will make you lower your expectations…before it”s too late.
1. You mean she doesn”t just wake up looking like that?
2. So much for truth in advertising.
3. A biting of the lip?
4. Let”s be honest…
5. Frosty”s looking a little frumpy.
6. Because nail art is just THAT easy.
7. That”s what we call a lack of expectation.
8. Scooby Dooby Doo, what happened to you?
11. Ugh…I think I need another sick day.
12. “All by myyyyy selffff aaagain…”
13. What a creeper.
14. I guess we know who wears the collar in this relationship.
16. I call shenanigans on that expectation.
Lesson learned. Don”t always believe what you see on TV or read in magazines. Otherwise, you”re going to have a bad time.