LOS ANGELES (CNN)– On the same day the City of West Hollywood voted to ask for President Donald Trump’s Stroll of Popularity star to be gotten rid of, the person who had actually most recently vandalized it was charged.The resolution to
request the elimination of Trump’s star’s was unanimously adopted by the West Hollywood City Board however is not lawfully binding as the city has no jurisdiction over the Hollywood Walk of Fame.Mayor John Duran
stated the vote was symbolic.”The West Hollywood City
Council did not pass the resolution since Donald Trump is a conservative or a Republican politician. Making a star on the Hollywood Walk of Popularity is an honor. When one belittles and assaults minorities, immigrants, Muslims, individuals with specials needs or ladies– the honor not exists,” he informed CNN.Duran said
the council had never ever previously requested a star to be eliminated: “Never ever have we intruded into our surrounding city’s company like this. The scenarios compelled us to make an exception to the guideline.”
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, which does have jurisdiction over the renowned tourist attraction, said Trump’s star was safe for the time being.
“When we receive an interaction from the City of West Hollywood, it will be referred to our Executive Committee for consideration at their next conference. Currently, there are no plans to eliminate any stars from the Hollywood Stroll of Popularity,” President Leron Gubler stated.
“The West Hollywood City Board does not have jurisdiction over the Hollywood Walk of Fame.”
Gubler has previously stated that as soon as a star has actually been added it is thought about “a part of the historic material of the Hollywood Stroll of Fame” and no stars have ever been removed.Trump’s star has repeatedly been the target of vandalism and demonstrations considering that the truth TV star’s turn to politics, most recently last month.Prosecutors said Monday that the suspect in that case, a 24-year-old local homeowner, would be arraigned next week on a felony count of vandalism in the pickax damage of Trump’s star.Austin Mikel Clay turned himself in one day after the July 25 occurrence, according to a statement from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. It was not instantly clear whether he has an attorney.Hollywood department officers reacted to a call at 3:33 a.m.(6:33 a.m. ET)to the tourist area.Patricia Cox, a witness, informed CNN affiliate KCAL/KCBS that she saw a guy”going to town”on the ground “like it was his company simply to be tearing up the ground, “she said.
“I thought it was work going on over here.”Los Angeles policeman Ray Brown said Clay did not reveal a motive for the supposed vandalism, and the examination continues. He was released on $20,000 bail.In April 2016, a Superman impersonator on Hollywood Boulevard said he had actually seen visitors make profane gestures beside the star, ruin it with paint and enable a pet dog to relieve itself on the landmark.” Individuals often stomp with anger on the star, others kick their heels over the star, and some spit. The last time, someone put a sticker label over the star, “impersonator Francisco Javier stated at the time.A street artist built a small wall around Trump’s star in July 2016, and that October Los Angeles authorities detained a guy who they said vandalized the star with a sledgehammer and a pickax.If founded guilty as charged, Clay could face a possible maximum sentence of three years in prison, district attorneys said.To get a star on the sidewalk, Trump or his agents had to pay $30,000 for the production and installation of the star in 2007 after the chamber approved his nomination. Anyone can make an election.