Even if you’re a full grown adult with a degree, job experience, or a family under your belt, you don’t know everything there is to know about this world. As we get older, we should realize how little each of us know (and how small we truly are in the world).
Did you know…
1. This is how people collected lava?
Fun fact: If you fall in a pool of lava, you will not sink into it. The density of lava is three times greater than a human body and between a hundred thousand to a million times more viscous than water.
2. This is how refraction works?
3. This is how puffer fish deflate?
Fun Fact: Dolphins like to get high off of puffer fish toxin.
4. How dolls get their eyes?
5. How camouflage helmets are painted?
Fun fact: It is illegal for anyone, even children, to wear camouflage clothing of any kind in Barbados.
6. How pelicans eat?
7. What happens in your toilet when you flush?
Fun fact: It wasn’t until the 1930s that production techniques improved to the point where toilet paper could be advertised as “splinter free”.
8. How a VCR really worked?
9. Exactly how the Pythagorean theorem works?
Fun fact: The Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz got the Pythagorean Theorem wrong after the Wizard gave him his diploma.
10. That cameras can auto-stabilize like this?
11. What happens inside a mother’s body during a pregnancy?
Fun fact: MTV’s “16 and Pregnant” has been linked to a decrease in teen pregnancies.
12. What movies look like before adding CGI?
13. What the world looks like to someone who is color blind?
Fun fact: After making 1.4 billion crayons, the senior crayon maker for Crayola admitted he was color blind.
14. How waffle fries are really made?
15. What swallowing looks like on the inside?
Fun fact: NASA cannot bring birds into space because they need gravity to swallow.
16. How big the sun really is?
One million Earths: A visual representation of how many Earths could fit inside the sun pic.twitter.com/Eq3qpl7Log
Mike Whitmore (@mikewhitmore) January 29, 2015
17. Here’s what NFL players feel on EVERY SINGLE HIT.
18. What oysters really do for our oceans?
The water in both tanks is from the same time and place. The tank on the right has oysters. pic.twitter.com/lrakNP3Sr3
Larry Cooper (@coopah) November 24, 2014
19. What a self-driving intersection would look like?
Fun fact: Google’s self-driving cars have an “Aggressive” mode.
…yep, the world really is an interesting place (and I know nothing about it).