Planning a family outing to an amusement park can be an ordeal, so you can probably imagine how awful it is for those who spend every single day there as employees. Sure, they get a paycheck, but I”m not sure there”s actually any amount of money that can repay their time spent in the hot sun dealing with sugared up kiddos and emotionally exhausted parents.
Those who have made it out and on to less cartoon-driven careers have spilled their secrets about what it”s really like to work at Six Flags, Disney World, and other amusement parks around the world.
1. Parking is pretty much always a pain.
2. Ride safety is checked daily.
3. There”s surprisingly less vomit than you”d think.
4. People ask if they”re going to die on the ride. A lot.
5. Ride operators are forced to listen to the same songs over and over again.
6. Disney Princesses must be able to think on their feet.
7. Princesses are responsible for their own makeup.
8. Disney makes sure their employees stay hydrated.
I”m glad to know it”s not all bad, but I”m sure those who survived these jobs have even more stories to tell.