Anger can make us do some crazy, stupid stuff. Whether you”re the type to storm out of a room, yell uncontrollably, or throw things out of a window, being angry doesn”t appear to do a whole lot of good.
But as it turns out, anger is actually beneficial. Below are six reasons why getting mad could be good.
1. Anger can help you gain insight and clarity.
2. Anger helps prevent violence.
3. Anger is good for negotiation.
4. Often, those who are angry are also optimistic.
5. Anger can be motivating.
6. It may help relationships.
Next time I punch a wall, I”ll know that it”ll eventually lead to me getting everything I want in a negotiation…or did I get that wrong?